Welcome to the ultimate shortlist of things we use frequently in our business, or what we call our “wedding planning toolbox”!
Our favorite software:
- Honeybook is our favorite CRM- it helps us stay organized and keep track of where projects are in our pipeline!
- Photoshop is an invaluable tool for invitation suite design and making sure watercolors look true to reality in their digital form.
- Asana is how we categorize tasks and assign them to each other. It helps us break stuff down a little further than Honeybook does.
- The Google Drive is our godsend! It is the backend for our custom client portal sites, where our clients log into their personalized site to fill out our detail sheets and upload vendor contracts for their wedding. It makes it so easy to have every document in one URL so they’re not scrambling looking for documents all over the place!
Our favorite tools for our specialized skills:
- If you’re familiar with us, you know Haley loves to draw, paint, and write. It’s no surprise that her studio is basically an art store. But… did you know Baylye sews? Her studio (when not filled with papers from an invitation suite) is often covered in pieces of beautiful quilts-in-progress! She is the best at hand dyeing all of our silk, and makes cloth goods like blankets for babies on the side.
- Haley’s favorite tools are Frisket, good watercolors and paper (gotta be cold pressed, 300 GSM!), and a nice new Nikko G nib for her dip pens (although a Brause Rose nib is super fun for flourishes, it’s hard to break away from old favorites)!
- Baylye’s favorite tools are the screen printing machine/its accessories and the Cricut! People usually use the Cricut to make t-shirts and apparel, but we think screen printing is the best for that. We use our Cricut for cards and various paper pieces for invitation suites.
Our favorite purchases:
- The storage unit! We were so happy to move all of our rentals out of our studios and garages and into one happy little consolidated place.
- The Pixma Pro 100 printer! We were able to purchase it earlier this year and LOVE it! It’s amazing at printing on handmade paper and we can’t wait to use it on more invitation suites rather than outsourcing our printing.
What are your favorite tools you use in your business? Do you have your own wedding planning toolbox? We’d love to hear below in the comments!